LEADERSHIP ASSESSMENT & DEVELOPMENT
We conduct leadership development programs that help organizations identify their best leaders, and nurture them with individualized coaching and training. Our program, listed step-by-step below, can be customized for both Executive and Emerging leaders:
- Assessment: We conduct comprehensive leadership assessments that include behavioural interviews, simulations, personality and cognitive ability testing, emotional intelligence testing, and 360° surveys.
- Report Writing: We write a detailed report based on the assessment results, pinpointing each leader's strengths and areas for development. Based on these results we provide suggestions for how leaders might maximize their potential.
- Feedback: We deliver the report to the leader in a face-to-face meeting, ensuring that they understand the key messages, and have the chance to ask questions.
- Development Planning: In a meeting with the leader and their boss, we create a plan that will guide development for the next two years.
- Follow-up Coaching or Targeted Training: We provide ongoing support to ensure leaders achieve their developmental goals:
- Individual Coaching: We coach leaders across a number of skill areas. See the ‘Executive Coaching’ page of this site for more information.
- Leadership Roundtables: We hold Leadership Roundtable discussions so participants can share ideas, support each other, network, and reinforce the development process.
- Locating Additional Resources: If a leader needs training that we cannot provide (for example at a business school), we help leaders locate those resources.
- Reading Lists and Book clubs: We distribute reading lists and organize book clubs to encourage the learning and retention of key leadership principles.
- Wrap-up Meeting and Resurvey: At the conclusion of the two-year program, we review the progress made during the program, and help the leader plan for continued development in the future.
Overall benefits: Peer-reviewed research shows that survey/assessment feedback, combined with coaching, produces significant leadership performance improvements that sustain over years. This program will also ensure that an organization has a pool of trained talent who are ready to assume the most senior positions when vacancies arise. The use of such a program also communicates to top talent that they are valued by the organization, which can increase employee engagement, and reduce turnover.