We create a profile of the ideal job candidate and determine the competencies that should be scrutinized in the selection process. We then tailor our assessments to measure those competencies highlighted in the profile. Finally, we compile a formal report of our findings for decision-makers, summarizing the strengths and weaknesses of each candidate.
- The position profile and the core competencies against which candidates will be assessed are determined by the client organization in conjunction with Jackson Leadership Systems.
- Our multi-method assessments of each candidate are customized to reflect the criteria stated in the position profile, and include interviews, personality testing, cognitive abilities testing, and simulations. Assessments can be conducted at our offices, at a neutral off-site location, or virtually using video/telephone conferencing.
- If required, we can conduct reference checking to verify the accuracy of the candidate's interview responses.
- To summarize the assessment results, we write a report on the candidates, compare them on the competencies highlighted in the position profile, and outline their strengths and developmental needs.
- This summary report is then discussed with key decision-makers at the client organization, such as senior executives, or members of the Selection Committee or Board of Directors.
Overall benefits: Considerable empirical research suggests that the return-on-investment of using rigorous selection procedures to hire employees is substantial. This benefit increases if these procedures are applied when hiring for senior executive positions, since these leaders have the potential to exert enormous positive influence on organizations. We help organizations collect in-depth data about all applicants, so they can make an informed hiring decision about some of their most key positions.